What November Brought Us: We welcomed Charlotte and Savannah to our room!
December 6-14th: Hanukkah
December 15th: Nutcracker Performance
December 16th: Academy wide pajama day!
December 22nd: First day of Winter
December 24th and 25th: Academy closed in observance of Christmas
January 1st: Academy closed for New Year’s Day
January 18th- Academy closed for MLK Day
What to look forward to in the classroom during December:
November 30-December 4: Walt Disney December 7-11: Transportation
December 14-18: Holidays of the Season December 21-23: Holidays of the Season
December 28-31: New Year’s Fun
What July Brought Us:
- Madison moved up to Pixies!
- We have a new friend starting the 4th of August!
- We brought some new toys into the room and they have been a big hit! A lot of happy exploration has been happening!
- August 8th: Academy Picnic at 6 p.m.
- September 1st: Academy closed in observance of Labor Day.
What to look forward to in the classroom duringAugust:
- August 4-8: Exploring water using sponges.
- August 11-15: Decorating hot air balloons to hang up.
- August 18-22: Coloring pictures of animals to ride in the balloons.
- August 25-29: Coloring small animals and insects that fly.
- July 4th: Academy closed in observance of Independence day
- July 17th: Madison’s birthday!
- Aug. 8th: 6-8pm The Academy celebrates our 15th year at our annual picnic
What to look forward to in the classroom duringJuly:
- June 30th-July 4th: A special 4th of July art project of fireworks!
- July 7th-11th: Decorate a boat to go fishing in!
- July 14th-18th: Decorate a sparkly fish to catch!
- July 21st-25th: Body painting a color wheel; red, orange, and yellow!
- July 28th-August 1st: Body painting a color wheel; green, blue, and purple!
What April Brought Us:
- Max moved up to Pixies and we welcomed Rosiland to our room!
- May 6th: National Teacher’s Day
- May 11th: Mother’s Day
- May 26th: Memorial Day/Academy Closed
What to look forward to in the classroom during May:
May 5-9 – A special Mother’s Day surprise!
May 12-16 – Make a classroom book of Brown Bear, Brown Bear by Eric Carle.
May 12th– Parent-Teacher Conferences (10:30-11:30am)
May 16th– Parent-Teacher Conferences ( 11:00-11:30am)
May 19-23 – Making birds to fly around our room.
May 26-30 – Make colorful kites.
What March Brought Us:
- We had some beautiful weather to go outside and play in!
- We had a lot of art projects this month to prepare for Spring! Check out our clouds and flowers on the window!
- April 7th-11th: Week of the Young Child.
- April 18th: Egg Hunt
- April 22nd: Earth Day
During the month of April we will be reading The Very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle and doing some hungry caterpillar activities. We will also be coloring some Easter eggs and making a special Easter project for our parents! Hopefully the weather will allow us to go outside and explore too!
What February Brought Us:
- We had a lot of snow to look at out the window during February, the kiddos seemed kind of dazed by it all at times! The icicles that hung from the roof were amazing!
- We had a good training day for us teachers, we discussed lesson plans and portfolios along with safety measures throughout the building. Then we had a guest speaker talk to us about cognitive learning.
- March 9th: Daylight Savings Time (Spring forward!)
- March 17th: St. Patrick’s Day
- March 20th: First day of Spring!
What to look forward to in the classroom during March :
During the month of March we will be shedding those winter blues and looking into Spring! We will be reading books about Spring and decorating our windows with a pretty Spring scene along with a St. Patrick’s Day craft. We will also be reading a lot of Dr. Seuss books in honor of his birthday in March.
Also since the weather is starting to warm up we will be awaiting the day when it is warm enough to get the babies outside to play on the deck or go for a stroller ride! Since it will still be kind of chilly for them for a while we ask that you bring in a coat or jacket for them to wear when it is needed. Also, for extra protection, now would be a good time to start bringing in hats and sunscreen (for those old enough to wear it) so that we have it on hand!
What January Brought Us:
- We had a lot of fun studying different parts of our body!
- We made the most of the cold weather and snow by doing fun experiments such as freezing balloons!
- We said goodbye to Ms. Krista, we will miss her a lot!
- Ms. Steph is going to be here in the mornings now!
- February 14th: Valentine’s Day and Sweets With Your Sweetie
- February 17th: Academy closed for Staff Training Day (Presidents’ Day)
What to look forward to in the classroom during February:
We will be making a special Valentine’s Day card for our parents!
What December Brought Us:
- We welcomed Paisley to our room as Francesca moved up to Pixies.
- We had a wonderful time doing the Nutcracker, everyone was so good!
- We made it through the last few weeks with no sickness! YAY!
- January 1st: Academy closed for New Year’s Day (Happy New Year!)
- January 15th: Ms. Cheryl’s birthday!
- January 20th: Academy closed for Staff Training Day/Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 17th: Academy closed for Staff Training Day/Presidents’ Day
What to look forward to in the classroom duringJanuary:
- The Sprites will be exploring different parts of their bodies this month!
- We will be exploring the body by:
- Painting different facial expressions.
- Counting with our fingers.
- Exploring textures with our feet and tummies.
What November Brought Us:
- We welcomed Madison to our room as Elise moved up to Pixies.
- The cold weather is settling in!
- December 2nd and 6th: Parent/Teacher conferences
- December 12th: Nutcracker
- December 13th: Academy pajama day
- December 24th and 25th : closed for the Christmas holiday
- January 1st: Academy closed for New Year’s
What to look forward to in the classroom duringDecember:
To get into the holiday spirit for everyone’s first Christmas we’ll be doing a lot of holiday art projects and reading holiday books!
- Making Holiday stockings
- Coloring Snowman puppets
- Decorating Holiday trees
- A special Holiday art project for parents!
What October Brought Us:
- In October we welcomed Roselynn to our class as Ava moved up to Pixies!
- A lot of our friends started rolling over this month!
- We had a great picture day and can’t wait to see everyone’s pictures!
- Everyone is just growing and learning so much; it’s really exciting to see!
- November 22: Academy Feast
- November 28 and 29: Academy closed for the Thanksgiving holiday.
- December 2and 6: Parent/ Teacher Conferences
- December 12: Nutcracker
What to look forward to in the classroom duringNovember:
- We will be exploring different shapes in various sizes.
- We will read some books that have textures and flaps.
- We will also be doing some finger painting to improve our fine motor skills!
- In honor of the Thanksgiving holiday we’ll make some fun turkeys to decorate with!